Police search for missing Collingdale mother
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - April 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A mysterious disappearance has Delaware County authorities concerned.
30-year-old Melissa Rodriguez of Collingdale has been missing since Friday and police are asking for the public's help in locating her.
Rodriguez's estranged husband Jose says she called him on Friday and said since it was his weekend to have their 7 and 11-year-old daughters, she was going to Newark, New Jersey to visit her family and friends.
"On Sunday, I sent her a text, I didn't receive anything. I totally forgot on Monday. Ended up taking the kids to school Monday, assuming she was going to pick them, but she didn't pick them up," Jose Rodriguez said.
Jose, who works for Amtrak, says she was supposed to take the trolley around the corner to 69th Street Station and then on to 30th Street to catch an Amtrak train to Newark.
Her friends in Newark tell police she never arrived.
"They usually get a call around 3:00 p.m. on Friday, 'come and pick her up.' They never got the call. She's not answering her cell phone. Her mom has left messages on her cell phone. We've left a message for her to call us," Collingdale Police Chief Robert Adams said.
Police are tracking down her cell phone records and going through surveillance footage from SEPTA and Amtrak to see if she ever boarded any trolleys or trains.
"We have our two daughters and just want her to come back, be safe," Jose said.
Anyone who knows Melissa Rodriguez's whereabouts is asked to contact police at (610) 586-0502.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, local/state, dann cuellar
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 14 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 42 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose