Teen charged with assaulting Mayor Nutter's daughter
PHILADELPHIA - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager has been charged in an alleged assault on the teenage daughter of Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
Authorities say it's in connection with an altercation after a track meet in the city's East Mount Airy section April 18. Court records allege 18-year-old Ciarra Ryan punched Olivia Nutter, a senior at Masterman High School, in the head and face and pulled her hair.
Police say Ryan surrendered Monday. She's charged with simple assault and recklessly endangering another person; a telephone number for her could not immediately be located.
The mayor's spokesman, Mark McDonald, says there was an "incident" and the mayor's daughter is fine.
In 2007, when Nutter was running for his first term, a then 12-year-old Olivia Nutter achieved local fame starring in a TV commercial for her father.
philadelphia, mayor michael nutter, assault, east mount airy, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 55 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
55 min ago
- Milder Monday
58 min ago