Teen charged with assaulting Mayor Nutter's daughter
PHILADELPHIA - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager has been charged in an alleged assault on the teenage daughter of Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
Authorities say it's in connection with an altercation after a track meet in the city's East Mount Airy section April 18. Court records allege 18-year-old Ciarra Ryan punched Olivia Nutter, a senior at Masterman High School, in the head and face and pulled her hair.
Police say Ryan surrendered Monday. She's charged with simple assault and recklessly endangering another person; a telephone number for her could not immediately be located.
The mayor's spokesman, Mark McDonald, says there was an "incident" and the mayor's daughter is fine.
In 2007, when Nutter was running for his first term, a then 12-year-old Olivia Nutter achieved local fame starring in a TV commercial for her father.
philadelphia, mayor michael nutter, assault, east mount airy, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 43 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 29 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos