Police investigate deadly shooting in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to determine if a deadly shooting at a Germantown apartment building was a case of self defense late Wednesday night.
The shooting occurred around 10:00 p.m. outside a basement apartment in the 4600 block of Fernhill Street.
Police say they found a man standing in a stairwell with a semi-automatic handgun and a dead man who had been shot repeatedly.
The 39-year-old victim also had a semi-automatic handgun and the shooter told police, there had been a dispute between the two men.
Police continue to sort out the details.
shooting, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 31 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 34 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 32 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
31 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
34 min ago