Police investigate deadly shooting in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to determine if a deadly shooting at a Germantown apartment building was a case of self defense late Wednesday night.
The shooting occurred around 10:00 p.m. outside a basement apartment in the 4600 block of Fernhill Street.
Police say they found a man standing in a stairwell with a semi-automatic handgun and a dead man who had been shot repeatedly.
The 39-year-old victim also had a semi-automatic handgun and the shooter told police, there had been a dispute between the two men.
Police continue to sort out the details.
shooting, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ