Caller ID leads to arrest in Camden threats
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Collingswood, New Jersey is accused of making multiple bomb threats and false shooting reports in Camden on Thursday.
Alon Adams, 25, of the 500 block of Collins Avenue, was arrested on Thursday morning.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says Adams called their office and the police 911 system with those fake calls between 7:48 a.m. and 9:29 a.m.
The calls were made from Adams' personal phone, investigators say, which was identified by caller ID.
During the incidents, Camden City Hall and the Prosecutor's Office were evacuated for a brief period.
No devices were found.
new jersey, camden, camden county, bomb scare, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 52 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 31 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 18 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 47 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
52 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos