Caller ID leads to arrest in Camden threats
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Collingswood, New Jersey is accused of making multiple bomb threats and false shooting reports in Camden on Thursday.
Alon Adams, 25, of the 500 block of Collins Avenue, was arrested on Thursday morning.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says Adams called their office and the police 911 system with those fake calls between 7:48 a.m. and 9:29 a.m.
The calls were made from Adams' personal phone, investigators say, which was identified by caller ID.
During the incidents, Camden City Hall and the Prosecutor's Office were evacuated for a brief period.
No devices were found.
new jersey, camden, camden county, bomb scare, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish