Caller ID leads to arrest in Camden threats
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Collingswood, New Jersey is accused of making multiple bomb threats and false shooting reports in Camden on Thursday.
Alon Adams, 25, of the 500 block of Collins Avenue, was arrested on Thursday morning.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says Adams called their office and the police 911 system with those fake calls between 7:48 a.m. and 9:29 a.m.
The calls were made from Adams' personal phone, investigators say, which was identified by caller ID.
During the incidents, Camden City Hall and the Prosecutor's Office were evacuated for a brief period.
No devices were found.
new jersey, camden, camden county, bomb scare, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 49 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 8 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos