Mother, 5-year-old twins injured in Bryn Mawr hit-and-run
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the driver who struck a mother and her two young twin children in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. at the intersection of Lancaster and Bryn Mawr Avenues near the Ludington Library.
According to police, a woman was crossing Lancaster Avenue with her 5-year-old twins when they were struck by a black pickup truck turning off north Bryn Mawr Avenue onto westbound Lancaster Avenue.
The truck did not stop.
All three victims were taken by ambulance to Bryn Mawr Hospital. One of the children was taken to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware overnight Thursday having sustained a head injury. That child was listed in stable condition Friday morning.
The striking vehicle is described as a full-sized black pickup truck similar to a Ford F-150.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Lower Merion Police at (610) 649-1000 or the Lower Merion Police Traffic Safety Unit at (610) 645-6260.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, hit and run, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 53 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 11 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos