Mother, 5-year-old twins injured in Bryn Mawr hit-and-run
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the driver who struck a mother and her two young twin children in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. at the intersection of Lancaster and Bryn Mawr Avenues near the Ludington Library.
According to police, a woman was crossing Lancaster Avenue with her 5-year-old twins when they were struck by a black pickup truck turning off north Bryn Mawr Avenue onto westbound Lancaster Avenue.
The truck did not stop.
All three victims were taken by ambulance to Bryn Mawr Hospital. One of the children was taken to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware overnight Thursday having sustained a head injury. That child was listed in stable condition Friday morning.
The striking vehicle is described as a full-sized black pickup truck similar to a Ford F-150.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Lower Merion Police at (610) 649-1000 or the Lower Merion Police Traffic Safety Unit at (610) 645-6260.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, hit and run, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 56 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 10 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos