Mother, 5-year-old twins injured in Bryn Mawr hit-and-run
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the driver who struck a mother and her two young twin children in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. at the intersection of Lancaster and Bryn Mawr Avenues near the Ludington Library.
According to police, a woman was crossing Lancaster Avenue with her 5-year-old twins when they were struck by a black pickup truck turning off north Bryn Mawr Avenue onto westbound Lancaster Avenue.
The truck did not stop.
All three victims were taken by ambulance to Bryn Mawr Hospital. One of the children was taken to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware overnight Thursday having sustained a head injury. That child was listed in stable condition Friday morning.
The striking vehicle is described as a full-sized black pickup truck similar to a Ford F-150.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Lower Merion Police at (610) 649-1000 or the Lower Merion Police Traffic Safety Unit at (610) 645-6260.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, hit and run, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police