Man killed in Lehigh Township, Pa. house fire identified
LEHIGH TWP., Pa. - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the man killed in a house fire late Wednesday in Lehigh Township, Pa.
63-year-old Harley Henning, who lived alone at the home in 400 block of Washington Drive, perished in the blaze. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Lehigh Township Police Chief Scott Fogel told Action News the fire was called in at 10:58 p.m. Wednesday by a witness who saw flames coming from both sides of the chimney.
Four fire companies were called in to fight the blaze.
The house was completely destroyed.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, northampton county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 2 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
2 min ago