Police: Pa. teen gets stuck on roof after chase
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the fire department had to be called in to rescue a 16-year-old boy who got stuck on a roof while running from police just outside Philadelphia.
Police say it started Wednesday afternoon when the teen was pulled over by Philadelphia police and fled the vehicle on foot. He ran through the woods in Cobbs Creek Park and into Upper Darby, just outside the city.
Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the boy fled out of the woods and into a house, knocking down a woman on her porch on his way in. The Delaware County Daily Times reports he fled out a window and got trapped on the roof.
Police say the fire department was called in and he was forced off the roof at gunpoint.
teens, police chase, upper darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police