Police: Pa. teen gets stuck on roof after chase
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the fire department had to be called in to rescue a 16-year-old boy who got stuck on a roof while running from police just outside Philadelphia.
Police say it started Wednesday afternoon when the teen was pulled over by Philadelphia police and fled the vehicle on foot. He ran through the woods in Cobbs Creek Park and into Upper Darby, just outside the city.
Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the boy fled out of the woods and into a house, knocking down a woman on her porch on his way in. The Delaware County Daily Times reports he fled out a window and got trapped on the roof.
Police say the fire department was called in and he was forced off the roof at gunpoint.
teens, police chase, upper darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail 9 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 28 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case 50 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's