Del. officer fires at suspect during chase
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Wilmington officer fired on a man who pointed a gun at officers during a foot chase.
Members of the firearms squad were chasing a man on Delamore Place on Wednesday evening, when police say he pointed a handgun at officers pursuing him. That's when police say one officer fired multiple shots at the man, who dropped the gun and fled down an alley. No officers were injured and it's unclear if the man was hit.
Police say the man was the target of an ongoing investigation, but didn't give details about what kind of investigation and declined to identify him.
Streets in the area were closed while police searched for the man, but they have reopened. Police are still searching for the man.
police chase, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases