Reading police seek former hoops star in stabbing
READING, Pa. (AP) - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Reading say they are searching for a former high school basketball star in a fatal stabbing.
Authorities say 19-year-old Anthony Clay-Rappaselli stabbed 33-year-old Robert Bell as he walked down the street around 1:40 p.m. Wednesday. Sgt. John Solecki says Bell was pronounced dead at a hospital several hours later.The Reading Eagle reports detectives now have an arrest warrant out for Clay-Rappaselli, a standout basketball player at Reading High School this past season. He faces charges of murder and related offenses.
Authorities say Bell was walking down the street when Clay-Rappaselli ran up and stabbed him once from behind. Investigators say Bell pushed Clay-Rappaselli away and fled, but was chased down and possibly stabbed again.
reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 43 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
52 min ago