Worker killed in Talleyville landscaping accident ID'd
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker who was killed in a landscaping accident last week in Talleyville, Delaware has been identified.
New Castle County Police say Luis Benjamin Sanchez, 60, of Upper Darby, Pa. died after the incident involving a wood chipper.
Sanchez and a 47-year-old co-worker were using the chipper around 10:10 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of Halstead Road.
Investigators say that's when a steel braided cable, used to pull tree limbs into the chipper, became caught. The cable was sheared off, striking both men.
Sanchez was killed and the co-worker was seriously injured. He is listed in stable condition at the hospital.
Both victims were working for Ricks Tree Service at the time of the incident.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was also called to the scene to investigate the accident.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 38 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 50 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos