Worker killed in Talleyville landscaping accident ID'd
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker who was killed in a landscaping accident last week in Talleyville, Delaware has been identified.
New Castle County Police say Luis Benjamin Sanchez, 60, of Upper Darby, Pa. died after the incident involving a wood chipper.
Sanchez and a 47-year-old co-worker were using the chipper around 10:10 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of Halstead Road.
Investigators say that's when a steel braided cable, used to pull tree limbs into the chipper, became caught. The cable was sheared off, striking both men.
Sanchez was killed and the co-worker was seriously injured. He is listed in stable condition at the hospital.
Both victims were working for Ricks Tree Service at the time of the incident.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was also called to the scene to investigate the accident.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 38 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 33 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures