Norristown officer who accidentally shot self identified
CONSHOHOCKEN - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the police officer who accidentally shot himself in the leg during training Thursday morning in Conshohocken.
Norristown Police Sergeant Robert Langdon was among several officers training at the Montgomery County Tactical Training Center at 1175 Conshohocken Road.
Police say it was just before 11:00 a.m. Thursday when Langdon, a 20-year-veteran and supervisor, accidentally discharged his weapon.
A bullet hit his leg.
Langdon was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was treated and released before 2:30 p.m.
Montgomery County detectives are investigating the shooting, which is standard procedure for such an incident.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, shooting, police, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 59 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 28 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 46 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest