Norristown officer who accidentally shot self identified
CONSHOHOCKEN - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the police officer who accidentally shot himself in the leg during training Thursday morning in Conshohocken.
Norristown Police Sergeant Robert Langdon was among several officers training at the Montgomery County Tactical Training Center at 1175 Conshohocken Road.
Police say it was just before 11:00 a.m. Thursday when Langdon, a 20-year-veteran and supervisor, accidentally discharged his weapon.
A bullet hit his leg.
Langdon was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was treated and released before 2:30 p.m.
Montgomery County detectives are investigating the shooting, which is standard procedure for such an incident.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, shooting, police, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 5 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos