Police seek man harassing women near Philadelphia University
EAST FALLS - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man who has been harassing women near Philadelphia University.
The five incidents happened in broad daylight right at the edge of campus.
The victims are all women between 18 and 26. Students find it all creepy. Police are concerned because the suspect seems to be pretty brazen and bold and the incidents are getting more frequent.
"I was just generally shocked that someone would do that during the day," said one student.
Philadelphia Police say a man driving a dark green Jeep Liberty pulled over and exposed himself to young women.
"Yeah, one of my friends saw the guy," said freshman Glen Zachary. "She just said there was a guy flashing people around campus."
The first incident happened last Thursday in the 3100 block of School House Lane at 1:00 p.m. The suspect pulled over in his green Jeep Liberty.
Police say he asked the victim a question to get her over to the vehicle. Then he made rude sexual comments and gestures and exposed himself. It happened four more times on Wednesday between noon and 1:00 p.m.
The women escaped unharmed and reported what had happened.
"I know it was one of the sorority girls," said junior Anjelica Chickara. "They were walking to and from class and there was an older man and he was going by and sexually harassing girls."
Students were alerted to the series of indecent exposure incidents by email from university security.
Security is very visible in the area, with Philadelphia Police and campus security staff stationed round the clock. That's what concerns authorities.
This guy is bold. He is described as a white male, 40-50 years old, stocky build, bald, brown graying beard and glasses.
"I hope they catch him soon," said junior Jill Irons. "I don't want to be walking to class and be surprised."
The university tells Action News it is working with Philadelphia Police. Students are being asked to report anything suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251, 215-685-3252, or 215-685-3253.
philadelphia, indecent exposure, local/state
- Multi-car crash shuts down Schuylkill Expressway 14 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 24 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport