Police seek man harassing women near Philadelphia University
EAST FALLS - April 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man who has been harassing women near Philadelphia University.
The five incidents happened in broad daylight right at the edge of campus.
The victims are all women between 18 and 26. Students find it all creepy. Police are concerned because the suspect seems to be pretty brazen and bold and the incidents are getting more frequent.
"I was just generally shocked that someone would do that during the day," said one student.
Philadelphia Police say a man driving a dark green Jeep Liberty pulled over and exposed himself to young women.
"Yeah, one of my friends saw the guy," said freshman Glen Zachary. "She just said there was a guy flashing people around campus."
The first incident happened last Thursday in the 3100 block of School House Lane at 1:00 p.m. The suspect pulled over in his green Jeep Liberty.
Police say he asked the victim a question to get her over to the vehicle. Then he made rude sexual comments and gestures and exposed himself. It happened four more times on Wednesday between noon and 1:00 p.m.
The women escaped unharmed and reported what had happened.
"I know it was one of the sorority girls," said junior Anjelica Chickara. "They were walking to and from class and there was an older man and he was going by and sexually harassing girls."
Students were alerted to the series of indecent exposure incidents by email from university security.
Security is very visible in the area, with Philadelphia Police and campus security staff stationed round the clock. That's what concerns authorities.
This guy is bold. He is described as a white male, 40-50 years old, stocky build, bald, brown graying beard and glasses.
"I hope they catch him soon," said junior Jill Irons. "I don't want to be walking to class and be surprised."
The university tells Action News it is working with Philadelphia Police. Students are being asked to report anything suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251, 215-685-3252, or 215-685-3253.
philadelphia, indecent exposure, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 33 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 47 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
28 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
33 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
25 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
44 min ago