Philadelphia teacher charged with raping child relative
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia teacher has been charged with allegedly raping a child relative over an eight year period.
Sumo Dukulah, 39, a teacher at at Leslie P. Hill Elementary School, was arrested on Thursday, the district attorney's office announced.
Investigators say the rapes began when the child was eight years old and continued until the child was 16.
Dukulah was arraigned overnight and bail was set at $500,000.
He was also ordered to surrender his passport.
The D.A. said this is an ongoing investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police SVU at 215-685-3251, 3252 or 3253 or the District Attorney's Family Violence and Sexual Assault Unit at 215-686-8080.
Dukulah is facing the following charges:
Rape, Involuntary Deviant Sexual Intercourse (IDSI), Unlawful Contact, Aggravated Indecent Assault, Unlawful Restraint, Sexual Assault, False Imprisonment, Corrupting the Morales of a Minor, Endangering the Welfare of a Child (EWOC), Indecent Exposure, Simple Assault and Indecent Assault.
philadelphia, child sex assault, rape, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ