Boyertown student dies from bacterial meningitis
BOYERTOWN, Pa. - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student in the Boyertown school district has died from bacterial meningitis.
A letter was sent home to students and parents New Hanover Upper Frederick Elementary School on Friday.
School officials say the child developed meningitis due to pneumonia and it was not contagious.
The Boyertown superintendent said the district's thoughts and prayers are with the family.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, meningitis, local/state
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 13 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ