Boyertown student dies from bacterial meningitis
BOYERTOWN, Pa. - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student in the Boyertown school district has died from bacterial meningitis.
A letter was sent home to students and parents New Hanover Upper Frederick Elementary School on Friday.
School officials say the child developed meningitis due to pneumonia and it was not contagious.
The Boyertown superintendent said the district's thoughts and prayers are with the family.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, meningitis, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos