1 dead in Port Richmond double shooting
PORT RICHMOND - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A shooting in the Port Richmond section of the city has left one man dead and another wounded.
It happened around 6:00 Friday evening on near Amber and Ann streets.
Authorities say someone there opened fire striking two men.
A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and later died at the hospital.
A 28-year-old man was shot in the shoulder and is listed in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
Police say two men were taken into custody and weapons were recovered.
No word what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, port richmond, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted