Young boy injured in SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A young boy was injured after being struck by a hit-and-run vehicle in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 7:00 Friday night along 51st Street and Kingsessing Avenue.
Police say a vehicle struck the boy and took off.
The victim was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Investigators are attempting to get a description of the fleeing car.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police