Young boy injured in SW Philadelphia hit-and-run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A young boy was injured after being struck by a hit-and-run vehicle in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 7:00 Friday night along 51st Street and Kingsessing Avenue.
Police say a vehicle struck the boy and took off.
The victim was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Investigators are attempting to get a description of the fleeing car.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 14 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 56 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 55 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
22 min ago