Trapped driver rescued in Kelly Drive crash
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an early morning crash on Kelly Drive that has left a man in critical condition early Saturday morning.
The single vehicle crash occurred around 5:00 a.m.
Police say the driver lost control of his vehicle and struck a rock wall. The car bounced off the wall and crossed Kelly Drive before coming to rest on the jogging trail trapping the driver inside.
The driver was transported to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Kelly Drive was closed during the investigaion, but has been reopened.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad