Hatfield teen struck, killed while walking with friends
HATFIELD, Pa. (AP) - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a teenager was struck and killed by a car while walking with three friends in Hatfield Township.
Police and prosecutors in Montgomery County say 15-year-old Dennis Kee of Hatfield was struck just after 11:30 p.m. Friday on Route 309.
He was taken to Lehigh Valley Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said Kee died as a result of the crash and ruled the death an accident.
Authorities said the vehicle was found in a nearby parking lot and the driver was interviewed. Police have not announced any charges in the case.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Hatfield Township Police at 215-855-0903.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run