Car strikes trees in Berks Co. leaving 2 dead
EARL TWP., Pa. - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people were killed and one person injured when the driver of a car lost control in Berks County.
It happened around 3:30 Saturday afternoon on the 100 block of Sunset Hill Road in Earl Township.
State Police say 73-year-old Harry Meyer was driving west when he lost control along a curve.
The vehicle struck two trees and landed on its left side.
Two passengers, 71-year-old Signe Wergeland and 51-year-old Sharon Richards, were killed in the crash.
Meyer suffered serious injuries and is listed in critical condition.
The roadway near the scene was closed for three hours but has since reopened.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, berks county, accident, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 14 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 42 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 47 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber