Car strikes trees in Berks Co. leaving 2 dead
EARL TWP., Pa. - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people were killed and one person injured when the driver of a car lost control in Berks County.
It happened around 3:30 Saturday afternoon on the 100 block of Sunset Hill Road in Earl Township.
State Police say 73-year-old Harry Meyer was driving west when he lost control along a curve.
The vehicle struck two trees and landed on its left side.
Two passengers, 71-year-old Signe Wergeland and 51-year-old Sharon Richards, were killed in the crash.
Meyer suffered serious injuries and is listed in critical condition.
The roadway near the scene was closed for three hours but has since reopened.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, berks county, accident, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 1 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish