Crews pull missing boat from water in Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews began pulling a missing towboat out of the water in Ocean City, meanwhile the boat's operator has not yet been found.
The 45-foot boat "Cape Hatteras" put out a distress call, then vanished last week while on a routine trip.
The operator, 32-year-old David McAuliffe, is still missing.
Officials say McAuliffe did not respond to cell phone or radio calls after the emergency signal was received.
The company who owns the boat, Sea Tow, previously released a statement Friday morning regarding the incident.
"Tide, weather and underwater visibility are all factors in determining the length of the recovery process. We have no other details or information to share at this time. We ask that everyone please respect the privacy of the Capt. Dave's family during this difficult time. "
Meanwhile no word when the search for McAuliffe will resume.
new jersey, water rescue, jersey shore, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 18 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 24 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 3 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos