Two robbers target Newark Wawa
NEWARK, Del. - April 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are investigating a robbery at a Newark Wawa.
The robbery occurred at approximately 5:00 a.m. Sunday at the Wawa convenience store located at 601 Ogletown Road.
During this incident, police say two male suspects entered the store with their faces concealed and implied to the clerk that they had a weapon.
The suspects demanded cash and fled after removing an undisclosed amount of currency.
The suspects were last seen fleeing on foot eastbound towards Marrows Road. The clerk was not injured.
Police describe Suspect 1 as a black male, approximately 5'5 to 5'7 tall, wearing a navy colored hooded sweatshirt with green/yellow lettering. The hood was pulled over his head and he was wearing a light colored bandana concealing his face. He was also wearing white colored gloves, light colored pants and white shoes.
Police describe Suspect 2 as a black male, approximately 5'5 to 5'7 tall, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a white/red design on the front. The hood was pulled over his head and he was wearing a dark colored bandana concealing his face. He was also wearing a black baseball cap with a white logo on the front, black gloves, blue jeans and black and white shoes. Suspect 2 also was carrying a blue Adidas duffle bag.
Anyone with additional information about this incident should contact Det. Greg Micolucci at 302-366-7110 ext. 132.
delaware, new castle county, newark, robbery, wawa, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 45 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia