Man critical in Wilmington shooting
WILMINGTON - April 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition following a shooting in Wilmington, Delaware Sunday afternoon.
Wilmington police and medics were called out around 3:30 p.m. to the report of a shooting at the intersection of 27th and Claymont streets.
Arriving officers located a 31-year-old male victim in the street suffering from gunshot wounds to both legs and the abdomen.
He was transported to Christiana Hospital in critical condition.
Police say the victim was walking in the block when he was struck by gunfire from unknown suspects.
No arrests have been made.
The name of the victim has not been released.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 58 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
14 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
58 min ago