Parkside woman shoots, kills husband during gun lesson
PARKSIDE, Pa. - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Delaware County woman fatally shot her husband by accident while he was giving her a gun lesson after they had been drinking.
Parkside police Chief John Egan says officers responded to their home around 4 a.m. Saturday and found 43-year-old William Wanko with a gunshot wound to his chest. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Egan says Wanko's 42-year-old wife, Michele, said they'd been drinking lemonade and vodka for hours when she said she wanted to learn how to use a weapon in case someone tried to break in while he was away.
Police say William Wanko was getting another gun out when his wife picked up a pistol and pulled the slide back, but the gun went off. She called 911.
She's charged with involuntary manslaughter. It wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 8 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos