Apartment fire in downtown Allentown; 1 person injured
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze at some apartments in downtown Allentown Monday.
Fire and heavy smoke were reported after 10:00 a.m. at a commercial building in the 900 block of Hamilton Street with apartments on the upper floors.
Residents were evacuated from the building as crews worked to get the upper hand.
Medics took one person to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
An investigation was underway to determine the cause.
pennsylvania, fire, allentown, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 13 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
39 min ago