Apartment fire in downtown Allentown; 1 person injured
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze at some apartments in downtown Allentown Monday.
Fire and heavy smoke were reported after 10:00 a.m. at a commercial building in the 900 block of Hamilton Street with apartments on the upper floors.
Residents were evacuated from the building as crews worked to get the upper hand.
Medics took one person to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
An investigation was underway to determine the cause.
pennsylvania, fire, allentown, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
27 min ago