Apartment fire in downtown Allentown; 1 person injured
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze at some apartments in downtown Allentown Monday.
Fire and heavy smoke were reported after 10:00 a.m. at a commercial building in the 900 block of Hamilton Street with apartments on the upper floors.
Residents were evacuated from the building as crews worked to get the upper hand.
Medics took one person to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
An investigation was underway to determine the cause.
pennsylvania, fire, allentown, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 24 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 15 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
57 min ago