Jackknifed tractor trailer cleared, I-76 westbound reopens in Philadelphia
UNIVERSITY CITY - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The westbound Schuylkill Expressway is back open after a jackknifed tractor trailer shut down the road Monday afternoon.
The accident happened before 2:30 p.m. Monday on I-76 West near the University Avenue exit.
There was no immediate word of any injuries.
Traffic was at a crawl on the expressway for nearly an hour.
Westbound traffic was being directed off the expressway at Exit 346B, the Vare Avenue exit, before crews were able to move the truck.
Traffic was moving again by 3:00 p.m.
philadelphia, accident, university city, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?