Husband shot and killed in front of wife in Northeast Philadelphia
FRANKFORD - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a husband is dead after being gunned down in front of his wife in Northeast Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident happened shortly after 10:15 p.m. on the 5700 block of Leonard Street.
According to police, three men tried to enter a house with a weapon but struggled at the door with the victim's wife.
During the struggle, one suspect reached around the woman and fired shots at her 29-year-old husband, who was getting off the couch to help.
Police say, the victim was struck with several bullets and rushed to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Three teens and two children were found inside the home but they were not hurt.
The three gunman fled the scene and police are investigating.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed