Husband shot and killed in front of wife in Northeast Philadelphia
FRANKFORD - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a husband is dead after being gunned down in front of his wife in Northeast Philadelphia late Monday night.
The incident happened shortly after 10:15 p.m. on the 5700 block of Leonard Street.
According to police, three men tried to enter a house with a weapon but struggled at the door with the victim's wife.
During the struggle, one suspect reached around the woman and fired shots at her 29-year-old husband, who was getting off the couch to help.
Police say, the victim was struck with several bullets and rushed to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Three teens and two children were found inside the home but they were not hurt.
The three gunman fled the scene and police are investigating.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 7 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police