Dramatic rescue at Reading Hospital caught on camera (PHOTOS)
READING, Pa. - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Berks County have released new images of a dramatic rescue at Reading Hospital.
The rescue happened on Sunday.
A hospital security guard told WFMZ that he saw the man sitting on the edge of the parking garage when the man closed his eyes and fell backwards.
The security guard managed to grab the man by the shirt and a brief struggle ensued. The man managed to slip away from the security guard, but not before being pushed onto a nearby ledge.
Pennsylvania State Police arrived on the scene, and as a team, one Trooper talked to the man while another Trooper approached the man from behind.
In the images you can see the man dangling from the ledge just as a Pennsylvania State Trooper pulls him to safety.
The man was held for observation after the rescue, but has since been released from the hospital.
reading, berks county, rescue, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 7 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 54 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm fire in Willingboro 26 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
7 min ago