Edison, NJ student charged with possessing explosives
EDISON, N.J. - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in central New Jersey have charged a teenager with possession of explosive devices.
Police investigating recent bomb threats at Edison High School searched the 16-year-old's Harmon Road home.
Officers say they found fireworks, shotgun shells and makeshift devices containing gun powder and fuses.
Police Chief Thomas Bryan tells The Home News Tribune (http://mycj.co/12NR9SW ) his detectives averted a possible tragedy.
The boy was released to a family member. His name was not released because he's a juvenile.
Police do not believe he's connected to the bomb threats and that investigation continues.
Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , http://www.mycentraljersey.com
new jersey, school, bomb scare, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 35 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 11 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 23 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
15 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
35 min ago