Edison, NJ student charged with possessing explosives
EDISON, N.J. - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in central New Jersey have charged a teenager with possession of explosive devices.
Police investigating recent bomb threats at Edison High School searched the 16-year-old's Harmon Road home.
Officers say they found fireworks, shotgun shells and makeshift devices containing gun powder and fuses.
Police Chief Thomas Bryan tells The Home News Tribune (http://mycj.co/12NR9SW ) his detectives averted a possible tragedy.
The boy was released to a family member. His name was not released because he's a juvenile.
Police do not believe he's connected to the bomb threats and that investigation continues.
Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , http://www.mycentraljersey.com
new jersey, school, bomb scare, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 37 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 51 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 41 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 49 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 52 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 56 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
40 min ago
- Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
39 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
51 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration...
41 min ago