Worker shocked with 13,000 volts in Center City
CENTER CITY - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker was shocked with 13,000 volts while digging in Center City Philadelphia.
It happened at 10:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Cherry Street.
PECO spokesman Ben Armstrong said it does not appear anyone called PA One Call before digging.
"It is always essential, if you're going to be digging underground, to call PA One Call at 811. PA One Call is the state run utility line marking service so you can dig safely to minimize danger or injury," said Armstrong.
The worker was being treated at Jefferson University Hospital.
208 customers lost power after the incident, but most have been restored.
philadelphia, center city, electric shock, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 53 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 19 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
28 min ago