Motorcyclist killed in Mayfair accident
MAYFAIR - April 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motorcyclist is dead after an accident in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia.
The fatal accident occurred shortly after 8:30 p.m. at Harbison Avenue and Robbins Street.
Police say a 39-year-old motorcyclist was traveling westbound on Harbison when he cut between two lanes and ran a red light.
The cyclist then struck a vehicle making a left turn from Harrison onto Robbins.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
A portion of the intersection has been shut down and accident investigators are responding to the scene.
philadelphia, mayfair, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 3 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 7 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 7 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
3 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
7 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos