Man, 22, shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 22-year-old man was shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia early Wednesday.
The incident happened around 12:15 a.m. on the 6500 block of Girard Avenue.
The victim told police he was shot on 65th Street and ran to Girard after being struck by at least two bullets.
Police rushed the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there is no word on any suspects or the motive behind the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower