Man, 22, shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 22-year-old man was shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia early Wednesday.
The incident happened around 12:15 a.m. on the 6500 block of Girard Avenue.
The victim told police he was shot on 65th Street and ran to Girard after being struck by at least two bullets.
Police rushed the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there is no word on any suspects or the motive behind the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?