Man, 22, shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 22-year-old man was shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia early Wednesday.
The incident happened around 12:15 a.m. on the 6500 block of Girard Avenue.
The victim told police he was shot on 65th Street and ran to Girard after being struck by at least two bullets.
Police rushed the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there is no word on any suspects or the motive behind the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 30 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 43 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep