Man, 22, shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 22-year-old man was shot and critically wounded in West Philadelphia early Wednesday.
The incident happened around 12:15 a.m. on the 6500 block of Girard Avenue.
The victim told police he was shot on 65th Street and ran to Girard after being struck by at least two bullets.
Police rushed the man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was listed in critical but stable condition.
So far, there is no word on any suspects or the motive behind the shooting.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 30 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 33 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball