31-year-old man shot dead in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 31-year-old man was shot and killed in Chester, Pennsylvania ealry Wednesday morning.
Shots were fired around 12:30 a.m. on the 1000 block of Beverly Lane.
Police arrived to find a man yelling for help from porch. They then discovered a man suffering from gunshot wounds to his chest.
The victim died before the paramedics arrived and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
He has been identified but his name is being withheld until family members are notified.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chester Police Detective Charles Bothwell at 610-447-8430 or CID Detective Robert Fuss at 610 891-4707.
chester, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 6 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos