31-year-old man shot dead in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 31-year-old man was shot and killed in Chester, Pennsylvania ealry Wednesday morning.
Shots were fired around 12:30 a.m. on the 1000 block of Beverly Lane.
Police arrived to find a man yelling for help from porch. They then discovered a man suffering from gunshot wounds to his chest.
The victim died before the paramedics arrived and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
He has been identified but his name is being withheld until family members are notified.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chester Police Detective Charles Bothwell at 610-447-8430 or CID Detective Robert Fuss at 610 891-4707.
chester, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 32 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 21 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia