Sandy Hook beach area reopens after Sandy
SANDY HOOK, N.J. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A popular swimming and fishing beach area has reopened, little more than six months after sustaining serious damage from Superstorm Sandy.
Gates to the Gateway National Recreation Area at Sandy Hook opened Wednesday morning to accommodate anglers. Sandy Hook is a prime spot for bluefish and striped bass in the spring.
Many of Sandy Hook's historic buildings and many of its beaches were damaged by Sandy.
However, officials say the park's nude beach and beaches B and North will be open by Memorial Day.
Parking will be limited while lots are repaired.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 4 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 57 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser