Child, teens charged with BB gun threats in Philadelphia
TIOGA - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A child and two teenagers have now been charged after they were caught on camera threatening people with a realistic-looking BB gun in their neighborhood.
Surveillance video released by Philadelphia police last week showed a 10-year-old, 13-year-old and 14-year-old threatening people with what appeared to be a gun in the Tioga section of the city.
When a victim reported being threatened with a gun, police began the search for the juveniles involved.
The children were turned in by their parents, along with the BB gun they were using.
Police say the parents have been cooperating.
The three face multiple charges including simple assault and related offenses.
Police say the kids could have gotten themselves killed if they pointed the BB gun at the wrong person. They spent Tuesday night in jail.
"They made some bad decisions that day, and they're going to have to face the judge and explain that to him," said Lt. George McClay of the Philadelphia Police.
The boys have been released to the custody of their parents. Police say the boys have never been in trouble before and they're hoping they learn a valuable lesson from their brush with the law.
philadelphia, assault, guns, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 28 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 57 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
29 min ago