Conviction in killing of mom, son in Hammonton
HAMMONTON, N.J. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man has been convicted of murdering his friend and the friend's mother.
Patrick Latko of Wenonah was also found guilty of weapons charges stemming from the November 2011 stabbing deaths of 29-year-old Ryan Patterson and Patterson's 64-year-old mother, Diana.
Investigators say Ryan Patterson was stabbed more than 20 times and his mom was stabbed more than 10 times during an attack inside their Hammonton home.
Atlantic County prosecutors say Latko was jealous of Ryan Patterson because he had been spending time with his ex-girlfriend Holly.
Latko was arrested a few weeks after the bodies were found.
Ryan Paterson was a well-known rider on the South Jersey amateur motocross circuit.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 45 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
45 min ago