Conviction in killing of mom, son in Hammonton
HAMMONTON, N.J. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man has been convicted of murdering his friend and the friend's mother.
Patrick Latko of Wenonah was also found guilty of weapons charges stemming from the November 2011 stabbing deaths of 29-year-old Ryan Patterson and Patterson's 64-year-old mother, Diana.
Investigators say Ryan Patterson was stabbed more than 20 times and his mom was stabbed more than 10 times during an attack inside their Hammonton home.
Atlantic County prosecutors say Latko was jealous of Ryan Patterson because he had been spending time with his ex-girlfriend Holly.
Latko was arrested a few weeks after the bodies were found.
Ryan Paterson was a well-known rider on the South Jersey amateur motocross circuit.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 25 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 59 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 58 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
45 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos