Teen arrested after fetus found in Lancaster high school
LANCASTER, Pa. - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say a 19-year-old faces charges and is being held on $1 million bail after giving birth in a bathroom at her high school and trying to flush the fetus down a toilet.
Lancaster police say Cherlie LaFleur gave birth in the bathroom at McCaskey East High School Tuesday and discarded the male fetus in a trash can after trying to flush it down the toilet.
Investigators don't know if it was stillborn or born alive; an autopsy showed it was 27 to 29 weeks.
LaFfleur is charged with concealing the death of a child. It wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
A custodian found the fetus around 10 p.m. Tuesday. On Wednesday, detectives conducted interviews and reviewed video footage, identifying LaFleur as the mother.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 55 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 4 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 32 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 5 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 56 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos