New Castle mother, son arrested on drug charges
NEW CASTLE, Del. - May 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police have arrested a 27-year-old man and his 63-year-old mother on drug charges.
Police say Aaron Hollis, who resides in the 100 block of Edge Avenue in New Castle, was involved in drug sales that were taking place within his home.
Authorities say Aaron's mother, Virginia Hollis of the 900 block of Sheldon Drive in Newark, was her son's property owner and was aware of the drug activity.
On Monday afternoon, police conducted a vehicle stop of Aaron's car. Officials say he was found to be in possession of 75 bags of heroin, which he tried to hide from the officers.
Police then obtained a search warrant for his residence. During the search, officers found numerous empty heroin baggies throughout the residence and objects that had been altered so that they could be used to hide items.
Police then learned that his mother was the property owner and was aware that her son was using the home as a venue for selling drugs.
Aaron Hollis was charged with possession with intent to deliver heroin with an aggravated factor, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license. He was arraigned and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institute after failing to post $12,500 cash bail.
Virginia Hollis was charged with maintaining a drug property. She was arraigned and released after posting $2,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, drugs, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures