DNA sample taken from son of Delaware court shooter
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators have taken a DNA sample from a man whose father killed two women at a Delaware courthouse before taking his own life.
Delaware State Police spokesman Sgt. Paul Shavack confirmed that a DNA sample was taken Wednesday from 46-year-old David Matusiewicz, who was sentenced last week to six months in federal prison for violating probation on kidnapping and fraud charges.
Those charges stemmed from the 2007 abduction of his three daughters in a custody dispute.
Shavack refused to say whether investigators believe Matusiewicz was involved in the Feb. 11 shooting, in which his father killed Matusiewicz's ex-wife and a friend before a scheduled child support hearing.
Matusiewicz told his family in an email obtained by The Associated Press that officials apparently are trying to build a case against him.
delaware, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 17 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos