Drug bust yields 1100 bags of heroin, 2 arrests at hotel in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- 21-year-old Khaliq Scott and 22-year-old Amber Hoopes are facing charges after police say they found more than 1100 bags of heroin in their hotel room.
Delaware State troopers say they found the suspects at a room at the Days Inn in Newark early Wednesday morning.
After obtaining a search warrant, investigators seized 1,118 bags of heroin totaling 27.95 grams (total street value approximately $11,000.00) and a .40 caliber semiautomatic handgun along with a magazine containing 2 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition.
Police say the handgun was reported stolen in Elsmere, Delaware in January 2013.
They say Scott was in possession of $623 cash proceeds indicative of being obtained through street-level drug transactions.
Scott and Hoopes were charged with drug and weapons offenses. They are being held on $65,000 bail each.
delaware, drugs, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos