Drug bust yields 1100 bags of heroin, 2 arrests at hotel in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- 21-year-old Khaliq Scott and 22-year-old Amber Hoopes are facing charges after police say they found more than 1100 bags of heroin in their hotel room.
Delaware State troopers say they found the suspects at a room at the Days Inn in Newark early Wednesday morning.
After obtaining a search warrant, investigators seized 1,118 bags of heroin totaling 27.95 grams (total street value approximately $11,000.00) and a .40 caliber semiautomatic handgun along with a magazine containing 2 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition.
Police say the handgun was reported stolen in Elsmere, Delaware in January 2013.
They say Scott was in possession of $623 cash proceeds indicative of being obtained through street-level drug transactions.
Scott and Hoopes were charged with drug and weapons offenses. They are being held on $65,000 bail each.
delaware, drugs, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man