Camden Fire Battalion Chief injured in hit-and-run crash
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a Camden Fire Battalion Chief was injured in a hit-and-run crash early Friday morning.
The accident happened just after midnight at Kaign Avenue and Louis Street in Camden, New Jersey.
The chief was struck while returning to his station following a fire call, officials say.
According to police, three men in a Mitsubishi Galant t-boned the chief's vehicle, sending it onto its side. The suspects then left their car and fled the scene on foot.
The chief was not seriously hurt, but he was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Police are searching for the suspects.
hit and run, accident, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 18 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 43 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 56 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 1 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 55 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school