Camden Fire Battalion Chief injured in hit-and-run crash
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a Camden Fire Battalion Chief was injured in a hit-and-run crash early Friday morning.
The accident happened just after midnight at Kaign Avenue and Louis Street in Camden, New Jersey.
The chief was struck while returning to his station following a fire call, officials say.
According to police, three men in a Mitsubishi Galant t-boned the chief's vehicle, sending it onto its side. The suspects then left their car and fled the scene on foot.
The chief was not seriously hurt, but he was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Police are searching for the suspects.
hit and run, accident, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 struck inside Famous Footwear, DUI suspected 2 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 29 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police