Camden Fire Battalion Chief injured in hit-and-run crash
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a Camden Fire Battalion Chief was injured in a hit-and-run crash early Friday morning.
The accident happened just after midnight at Kaign Avenue and Louis Street in Camden, New Jersey.
The chief was struck while returning to his station following a fire call, officials say.
According to police, three men in a Mitsubishi Galant t-boned the chief's vehicle, sending it onto its side. The suspects then left their car and fled the scene on foot.
The chief was not seriously hurt, but he was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Police are searching for the suspects.
hit and run, accident, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 10 min ago
- Milder Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 10 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 10 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 10 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
1 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
10 min ago